- This event has passed.
Hospital Policy and Implicit Bias (Virtual Class)
Jun 6, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm EDT
Preparing for Hospital Birth and Birth Centers teaches, and provides students with, clear preparatory guidance regarding what to expect when entering a hospital system, or birth center, during pregnancy, through labor and delivery.
The information and educational experiences taught in this course are a combination of healthcare system and birth center policy information, and our real-world, anecdotal experiences working with our clients in, and around, hospitals and birth centers.
This course covers a number of important subject matter areas including:
- What to expect when entering the hospital
- How to effectively communicate with hospital staff and healthcare providers
- Understanding “informed consent” and its importance to your patient care
- Understanding implicit and unconscious bias in the healthcare system
- Planning for hospital tours
- Identifying and understanding “birthing friendly” hospitals (and what that means)
For questions or more information, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.